At BLS Asphalt we have the safety of our employees and clients always at top of mind. With the current situation with Covid 19, we have in place strict protocols to keep our staff and clients safe. Employee awareness and education are key components to the prevention and control of the virus. We are following the measures as outlined by the Heavy Construction Association of Saskatchewan and the COR National Standards.
These measures include but are not limited to:
- Frequent hand washing
- Avoiding frequent, unnecessary in-person meetings
- Wearing masks when required to do so, such as when we are in common spaces
- Having coworkers keep their social distancing which means staying two meters apart
- Having all offices and non-porous tools are sanitized and cleaned regularly
- Actively encouraging sick employees to stay home.
- Not permitting anyone to enter a worksite if;
They or a member of their household have travelled outside the country within the past 14 days
They or a member of their household have exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
Symptoms include: (Fever, Cough, Difficulty Breathing, Sore throat, Sneezing)
In terms of our regular safety procedures we follow the safety training and rules as outlined by the COR National Standards and Heavy Construction Association of Saskatchewan. All our employees are thoroughly trained in the procedures and equipment that they use and have the proper licenses.
BLS Asphalt has a Safety Program
that meets the requirements of Section 22 of the Occupational Health & Safety regulations which includes:
• A written health and safety policy (including a statement of responsibilities)
• A means of identifying and controlling hazards and emergencies
• An emergency response plan
• A plan for scheduled inspections
• A plan for controlling chemicals and biohazards
• A training plan for all employees including supervisors
• A policy for investigating all accidents and incidents
• An occupational safety and health committee Regularly evaluate and revise your program (audit)
For employees of BLS Asphalt, please log in here to access our Safety Manual.